Re: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification needed.

From: Perry A. Caro <caro@Adobe.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:45:26 -0700
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Brian,

> Perry, do you have a java parser that will pass through the qname pair
> rather
> than the URI?

No. We have a C++ processor which builds an RDF model containing N-tuples.
Two of the fields of the tuple are namespace name and local name.  The
high-level API over the model utilizes the namespace name explicitly, e.g.,

	const char* const NS_DC = "http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";

	setLiteralValue(NS_DC, "title", "My Summer Vacation");

[The resource that this property describes is implicit in the object that
implements this method.]

The iterators over the model return QNames as two separate strings.

Perry