Namespaces in the RDF Syntax Recommendation

From: Stallion, Jason (Cahners) <JStallion@cahners.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:35:32 -0400
To: "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Possibly this territory has already been covered, but here it is:

My understanding of Namespaces is that a namespace does not apply to an
element's attributes unless the attributes are explicitly prefixed.  So,
even though the fragment below appears in the RDF Syntax Recommendation, the
"about" attribute is not a part of the RDF namespace.  My sense is that it
should be part of that namespace, and that such was the author's intent.  I
checked the errata for the Recommendation, and this point is not raised, so
I am probably wrong:  more experienced eyes than mine would surely have
noticed this already.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <rdf:RDF
    xmlns:s="http://description.org/schema/">
    <rdf:Description about="http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila">
      <s:Creator>Ora Lassila</s:Creator>
    </rdf:Description>
  </rdf:RDF>

Should the "about" attribute not be "rdf:about"?