Perl RDF APIs (was Re: Changed URL)

Hi Jonas,

I've updated our reference, though I would encourage you to try to
continue to service the original URL too if possible (see [1]) if this is
within your control, since others' bookmarks, hyperlinks etc will get
broken.

Anyhow, looks like your Perl stuff is coming along nicely. I'm wondering
how it might eventually plug together with some of the other Perl stuff
out there, especially opensource code like Eric P's RDF parser, storage,
query system [2]. Your API [3] looks pretty close to most other RDF
systems I've seen (Sergey's Java API, Mozilla, EricP's stuff, recent
discussions with Dave Beckett about librdf etc etc). I'd be interested to
see some discussion about whether these different but similar looking
frameworks can work together; in particular within the same language
(ie. the Perl stuff). It'd be good, for example, to see an instance of
your RDF::Source::DBI::Model class populated by using the W3C::RDF::Parser
tool...

Have you tried anything along these lines? Anyone else?

Related topic: cross-language APIs. The Mozilla stuff for example can be
called from C++ or Javascript, since they've used XP-IDL to define the
API. I'm wondering how feasible it would be to make an IDL version of say
Sergey's proposed API and project that into Perl... Plausible?

Dan

[1] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/
[3] http://paranormal.se/perl/proj/rdf/schema_editor/demo/doc/api.html