Re: NameNet LocatioNet ???

From: Raphael Malyankar <rmm@enws293.eas.asu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:50:40 -0700 (MST)
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Re "LocationNet":

There are several geographical name servers on the Web that store
information about geographical features (including cities, etc).
The Alexandria Digital Library gazetteer mentioned by Simon Cox
is a godd place to start. Another source, limited to US names,
is the USGS Names Information system:

http://www-nmd.usgs.gov/www/gnis/gnisform.html

There is a list of place name servers on the Internet at:

http://www.asu.edu/lib/hayden/govdocs/maps/geogname.htm

I don't know if this page is accessible from outside ASU; if you
can't access it let me know.

Since this is on the RDF list, I assume you (Heiko) are interested
in RDF markup of this information?

-- Raphael

rmm@seine.eas.asu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science