Re: List Organization

From: Andy Powell <lisap@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:15:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Ralph R. Swick wrote:

> why wait for a month boundary?  Perhaps a collection of message classes
> such as you propose could simply be used in the Subject headers; e.g.
> Subject: [ig:applications] My favorite new toy
> Subject: [ig:syntax] Yet another proposal
> Subject: [ig:trust] A proposal for a trust vocabulary

> Anything that adds more explicit semantic information to message
> metadata is a good idea in my book :-)

See the X-Meta: header in this message :-).  I guess a better approach
would be to attach RDF descriptions to messages using MIME - similar to a
vCard attachment.  Whether it is worth doing in preference to the
structured Subject: header you suggest above is another matter!

Andy
--
UK Office for Library and Information Networking
University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK            Voice: +44 1225 323933