From: Didier PH Martin [mailto:martind@netfolder.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 4:49 PM
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: RE: RDF in OO-databases

Hi,

Did we mentionned directory services to store RDF?
In fact, directory services like for instance, LDAP are a perfect match
with RDF.
a) they are hierarchical (useful but not necessary for RDF)
b) they are frame based (very useful and necessary for RDF)
c) they support frame typing (very useful for RDF and a plus because we
have here the occasion to apply concretely RDF shemas)
d) they already or will in a very near future contain the enterprise
meta data for devices, users, organization units, etc...
e) they are or will be part of operating systems (Solaris, Win2000,
Linux, etc...)

So, in my own opinion, directory services like for instance LDAP servers
are a very good match for storing RDF. Going further on this, don't you
think that RDF is a perfect candidate for directory data serialization.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com
Conferences: Web Boston ( http://www.mfweb.com)
Book to come soon: XML Pro published by Wrox Press
Products: http://www.netfolder.com .com)