Re: RDF in OO-databases

From: Durk Gardenier <durkg@asg.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:27:55 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: <durkg@asg.com>
Hallo,  further to the metadata storage issue the following note.

 I work in IT where the management of metadata  is an issue that
 is often technically resolved with socalled metadata repositories.
 These are dedicated databases, in which it is easy to change the
 metamodel. They are more object/property oriented than relational
 databases and have queries that are more link oriented than SQL.
 In my view these tools are good to store  also RDF metadata in.

Most commercial repositories are becoming xml enabled.

Three available repositories are Viasoft's Rochade (www.viasoft.com)
ASG's  MethodManager (www.asg.com), where I work for, and the UREP
of Unisys.(http://www.unisys.com/marketplace/urep/)

I can give more details if required.