Re: Anonymous and unknown URIs

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@paranormal.o.se>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 21:50:56 +0100
To: RDF Intrest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
CC: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@cpe.fr>
Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:

> Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> >
> > Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:
> > > And neither property-value-unicity nor node-unification are adressed by RDF recommandation.
> > > That's a really interesting point, but still a big issue, IMHO
>
> > But we could prepare for this
> > by handling unknown URIs diffrent from known URIs.
>
> Here again I don't quite agree :
> Sergey pointed out that there is no fundamental difference between
> anonymous and ID'ed resources, which I agree with.

I wasn't talking about anonymous URIs, but of unknown URIs.

A query could be a couple of statements with one or more of the URIs
marked as the one, for wiitch we would like to know the URI aliases for.
I suggested that this marking could be in the URI itself, by using a URI
explicitly intended to be temporary. This would be analogous with the
repeated use of the variables x, y and others in mathematical equations.

But I could agree with that we maby better use type properties to mark
the
variables as unknown URIs.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://paranormal.o.se/perl/proj/rdf/schema_editor/