RDF parsing without the building the SiRPAC model

From: Stefan Haustein <stefan.haustein@trantor.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:58:32 +0100
To: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Hello!

I would like to make a suggestion for improvement of the SiRPAC API. In
my opinion, the parsing process and the RDF data model should be two
clearly sperated layers, similar to SAX and DOM. Currently, SiRPAC
always builds its own internal model, even if I register my own
RDFConsumer.

A cleaner approach could be to have a parser and a sparate model
builder. The model builder could get the parsing events by registering
itself to a parser.

Further problems I have with SiRPAC are:

1. The model builder and some demo classes are in the same package,
   making the JAVADOC documentation less readable.

2. RDFnode should be renamed to RDFNode for consistency.

3. If the parser and model builder are separated, String parameters
would probably be a
   better choice for RDF.assert.

Best regards

Stefan Haustein