Subclass of Thing/Resource

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@db.stanford.edu>

>if an application  does not know protege:thing, it can ignore it.

Surely, if it does *not* know protege:thing it *cannot* ignore it without
throwing away information.
If it *does* know protege:thingthen it *can* ignore the statement as it
knows it contains no information.  Every class is a subclass of Thing.

>If a user defines a resource to be a subclass of protege:Thing, protege can
>not ignore this and we have to save that.

No, you can just hang all classes not defined as subclasses of anything else
off the "thing" hook in the UI.

>However,  i think there is a small missunderstanding: you probably meant
>that #Calendar is a subclass of rdfs:Resource.

In RDF, every class is a subclass of rdfs:Resource so surely that is just as
informationless too.
(I do wish RDF had used "thing" instead of "resource" which has a meaning in
URI already).

>Stefan

TimBL