RE: A certain difficulty

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@metacode.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 05:43:43 -0800
To: haustein@kimo.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Cc: xml-dev@xml.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Stefan Haustein said:

> For my application it's just simpler to allow several occurences
> of an arc with the same label than having tons of inbetween
> objects (bags) floating around.

[Ron Daniel]  You can have multiple occurrences of an arc with
the same label (originating from the same place). You don't
have to use a Bag. There are places where you have to
introduce intermediate nodes, but if the goal is to say
something like

<rdf:description rdf:about="some-uri">
  <author>John Smith</author>
  <author>Sue Jones</author>
</rdf:description>

you can do so. (I'm offline and don't have the spec handy, but
I think you should look for the part that talks about the subtle
difference between a vote by a committee composed of people vs. a
vote by some number of people.

Later,
Ron