Re: A certain difficulty

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:52:56 -0800
To: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>, xml-dev@xml.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
At 10:11 AM 2/25/00 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>For example, aboutEachPrefix is not a problem with the XML syntax,
>it's a complication in the model itself.

That exists, if I recall correctly, solely to do PICS-style application
of properties at the URI-prefix level; a result of the idea that RDF was
to be used to build PICS-NG.  At one level, it's a blotch on the side of
RDF; at another level, it's a handy and probably necessary referential
technique that would need to be built into a whole lot of systems at some
level. -Tim