Re: do XML Datatypes work for RDF?

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@db.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:59:25 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

>I suppose we could use
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmlschema-2-19991217/#boolean

I'am currently using URIs like these for the Protege/RDF implementation.
So i would be happy with this.

>for the value of the rdf:range property, but that doesn't work
>for user-defined derived types.
Why should i want user-defined types?
Complex types can be defined using the RDF-mechanisms.

Using user-defined types based on XML-Schema means, every
RDF-processor has also to include more sophisticated XML-Schema
capabilities? Why the effort?

Do i miss something?