data smushing

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:09:34 -0800
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
CC: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Dan Brickley wrote:

> (2) 2nd pass node convergence ("data smushing")
>     As discussed above, strategies that merge together RDF from multiple
>     sources in such a way as to figure out (in some cases) where
>     anonymously-mentioned resources are descriptions of the same thing.

So true, the Semantic Web doesn't  work without "data smushing"!   I think we
should even apply "data smushing" to nodes with URIs, cause there gonna be people
misapplying URIs.  My question is: has anybody come up with some good algorithms
for "data smushing" ?   (I love that term, I've used it 3 times now.)  Maybe we
should come up with a schema for expressing smushing rules in RDF ... any hint of
that being done yet?

Seth Russell