RE: Klyne Contexts: 3. Statements sets in RDF

The constraints on containers in m&s could be interpreted to
apply to the abstract data model - i.e. all bags must have
a contiguous set of members - in the abstract.  However,
a representation of the abstract model is perfectly free
to represent only a part of the abstract model and is
therefore free to represent only part of the bag and its
contents.  Under this interpretation, the above is valid.

Anything else seems bizarre.

> I say that it must be valid.  I would even allow:
>
>      [Foo] --rdf:type--> [rdf:Bag]
>      [   ] --rdf:_1----> [Member1]
>      [   ] --rdf:_1----> [OtherMember1]
>      [   ] --rdf:_3----> [Member3]

That would be a valid RDF model but would violate ontology
cardinality constraints on the definition of bag.

Brian McBride
HPLabs