Re: Towards a final consensus re statements & statings

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:22:58 +0100
To: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>, ML RDF-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3c.org>
Graham Klyne wrote:
> >  about 2.  It is actually very easy to write a piece of RDF where any
> > resource is duplicated, not only statements. And it is not considered a
> > bug... although we might have troubles handling it ! Example :
> >
> >   <rdf:Description about="http://www.w3.org/">
> >     <as:contentQuality> Excellent </as:contentQuality>
> >   </rdf:Description>
> >   <rdf:Description about="urn:WWWConsortium">
> >     <as:homepage>
> >       <rdf:Description id="localID"/>
> >     </as:homepage>
> >   </rdf:Description>
> >   <rdf:Descritpion about="mypage.html">
> >     <as:pointsTo rdf:resource="#localID"/>
> >   </rdf:Description>
> >
> >where #localID and http://www.w3.org/ are in fact the same thing.
>
> Maybe I'm dense here, but I don't see the problem.

Neither do I.
My point was to show that having many URIs for the same statement is not due to reification but to RDF itself. Whether this is a bug or a feature is indeed another question. I vote for feature, of course :)

  Pierre-Antoine

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.