RE: RDFS bug "A property can have at most one range property"

At 11:18 PM 12/8/00 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>Since we are on this topic, what is the intended relationship between RDFS
>and DAML-ONT? Is DAML-ONT intended to be an extension of RDFS or a
>replacement for RDFS (i.e. what is the intended meaning of the
>'equivalentTo' arc as used by DAML-ONT w.r.t RDFS ?) It seems that an
>alternate way of defining DAML-ONT terms might have been proper subClassOf
>their corresponding RDFS terms, and if not, then perhaps RDFS is not
>sufficient for 'real world' work, no?

I hope it's not to be a "replacement".  I think that RDFS (suitably cleaned
up) is probably sufficient for _some_ real-world work.  I understand
DAML-ONT to be pushing into areas deliberately not covered by RDFS.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)