Re: Towards a final consensus re statements & statings

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:07:00 +0100
To: " - *www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
While still digesting all these messages, we try to give some points.
A statement triple is unique but we can have many notations:

1. Plain RDF:
     <rdf:Description about="s">

2. Assembly RDF:
   It is a bit lengthy and could be used for nesting s and o.

3. Interned notation:
   This is rather compact and could be used for nesting s and o.

If we assert a statement triple we have a fact or rule (stating).

It's just an idea, but why not use that interned thing as a
(Skolem) value for the statement triple identification?
So one could write things like
It is reasonably compact, is easy to compute, can handle
nested models, etc...

Jos De Roo

p.s. for a quad we assume that the context-URI is the extra thing