Re: ANN: 4Suite Server 0.10.0

From: <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:58:49 -0700
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> Fourthought, Inc. (http://Fourthought.com) announces the release of
>
>                           4Suite Server 0.10.0
>                       ----------------------------
>          An open source XML data server based on open standards
>                implemented using 4Suite and other tools
>

>                   http://FourThought.com/4SuiteServer
>                            http://4Suite.org
>

> 4Suite Server is a platform for handling XML processing needs in
> application development.  It is an XML data repository with a
> rules-based engine.  It supports DOM access, XSLT transformation, XPath
> and RDF-based indexing and query, XLink resolution and many other XML
> services.  It also supports other related services such as distributed
> transactions, and access control lists.  It supports remote,
> cross-platform and cross-language access through CORBA and other request
> protocols to be added shortly.

I wanted to note that I think there are a few cool uses of RDF in
4SuiteServer.  For one thing, you can register document types which include a
simple but pretty powerful mechanism for translating XPath query results into
the RDF model.  It also supports users in general, permitting access-control
lists for RDF statements.  Of course, there's also the ability to process RDF
Inference Language (RIL) requests for server-side processing.

Speaking of RIL, we're turning some attention towards finishing up and
polishing this.

Thanks.