Re: RDF: better syntax effort - who could contribute?

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:20:04 -0500
To: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com> wrote:

> So we should focus on that: lots of applications that produce RDF.

Agreed, or perhaps applications that convert XML to RDF. However, this
should not be taken as an excuse to be lazy about syntax. There are still
the programmers who have to write these applications and to get the programs
written, syntax should be as simple as possible.

And simpler syntax is only part of the solution. The other part is tutorials
and books, like the many that exist for XML. I think having a Simon
St.Laurent book on RDF would have a major effect (not that Simon needs to
waste his time writing another book, but you get the idea).

There are many parts to the puzzle: applications, syntax, tutorials and
others. Each are important, and must be balanced.

--
        Aaron Swartz         |"This information is top security.
<http://swartzfam.com/aaron/>|     When you have read it, destroy yourself."