XML in RDF in XML via XSLT: an infoset implementation

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 07:20:02 -0500
To: www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, jonathan@openhealth.org
This is a little raw, but given the recent
interest in the infoset and RDF in xml-dev

I think it's timely to release it now;
Share and Enjoy:

It takes piece of XML content (i.e. stuff matching
the content production, like you might find
inside a parseType="literal" element in RDF)
and represents it in RDF, per the schema in
the infoset spec. I haven't integrated it
into the rest of
but I plan to shortly.

This highlights some of the differences between
the infoset data model and the XPath data model,
since I'm using XPath to destructure the input.

I think it also clarifies some stuff about
how xml:lang fits into the RDF model, and
about how XML Schema datatypes (and
structured types, for that matter) fit
with RDF.

anyway... I have just one rough example of the
output now

which is the output of running content.xsl on

Running it over the whole thing, that is, not
just the contents of a parseType="literal"

I don't think I can post to xml-dev, but if
anybody wants to forward this there, please do.

Also... www-rdf-interest folks might notice
that the components in the XML Schema spec
form a "directed, labelled graph". I hope
to write an XSLT script that extracts that
graph in RDF. Bonus points to anybody who
beats me to it. A concern is that the
properties in the XML schema spec aren't
explicitly given URI names (though they
are implicitly given URI names, via anchors in the
actual HTML document).