Re: RDF syntax 'improvements'? - was RE: [Fwd: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification needed.]

From: Perry A. Caro <caro@Adobe.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:37:31 -0700
To: "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dan,

[Thanks for the strawman!  Now we have something to pick on! :-)]

My first impression was that the proposed syntax is somewhat verbose.  Also,
using elements rather than attributes begs questions of the importance of
order and constraints on cardinality (0 objects okay?  2 objects okay?)

However, these are minor compared to the problem that not enough information
is preserved.  Every statement should include:

	* predicate (namespace URI and local name separately)
	* subject
	* subectType (global id, local id, URI pattern)
	* object
	* objectType (literal vs. reference vs. XML markup)
	* objectLang (xml:lang)
	* objectWhitespace (xml:space)

Perry