RE: Java API

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, McBride, Brian wrote:

> > The ability to store class definitions (for example) in an
> > RDF model is appealing.
>
> Could you say a little more about what you have in mind here?
>
> I did consider having a mapping from RDF types to Java classes
> that implement those types so that whenever a resource 'got'
> an object of the correct Java class would be instantiated.
>
> I haven't done that because I don't think the RDF and Java
> type models are sufficiently similar, e.g. if a resource has
> two types, which one do I instantiate.

This is exactly what I have done with WRAF. And this is whay I say
"strange OO" in the (very) short presentation:

	http://www.uxn.nu/wraf/

The goal is like skipping several generations of RDF applications and
going for the "ultimate" thing. :-)

Since I'm just today actualy have a working (bare bones) pre alfa version,
I would like to tell a little more about this thing.

Hold on.  will now write somthing up and send it as a separate email. :-)

--
/ Jonas  -  http://jonas.liljegren.org/myself/en/index.html