Re: [Fwd: xmlns, uri+name pairs or just uris..? Clarification nee ded.]

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 17:19:17 +0200
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: RDF-list <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
"McBride, Brian" wrote:
> Namespaces are identified by a URI reference according to the
> namespace spec.  A URI reference permits a fragment identifier.

I'm sorry : I'm currently working at home, and do not have full acces to the W3C docs...
Anyway, my concern was : RDF recommendation needs namespaces to be *prefices* of URI references rather than complete URI references.

Even if the following is a valid URI reference (which I doubt)
  http://somewhere.org/something#
it stands for a reference to the fragment named "" rather than "any fragment of that URI", as it is used by curent RDF syntax.

  Pierre-Antoine