Re: Model Digest Algorithm

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 10:02:25 +0100 (BST)
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
(in regard to XORing statement digests for a model digest)

occurs to me that there's a need to be careful - eg, if computing a
model digest during the parsing stage (to check some input as it's added
to a repository) you need to avoid an "I tell you this twice, it must be
true" insertion attack - ie, check to see if each statement has been
previously digestified.

jan

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
Leverage that synergy! Ooh yeah, looking good! Now stretch - and relax.