Parsing of qualified 'about' attribute

From: Chris Waterson <waterson@netscape.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:44:13 -0700
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: edd@xmlhack.com
Edd Dumbill raises an interesting question in:

Specifically related to:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2000AprJun/0019.html

The Schema and Syntax specification has some inconsistencies between the
"Formal Grammar". Specifically, rules [6.6] through [6.9], [6.11], and
[6.18] are not consistent with the examples used throughout the document
to illustrate RDF/XML. The differences seems to stem from a
misunderstanding of how XML namespaces apply to attributes.

What approaches have people taken with their RDF/XML parsers? Although
Mozilla is currently "strict" in this regard, I'm leaning towards the
addage of being liberal with the input that we accept, and treating
(e.g.)

  <foo:bar rdf:resource="baz" />

as really meaning:

  <foo:bar resource="baz" />.