Re: Leveraging UML in RDF

This is pretty interesting. As you point out, Walter Chang attempted
something similar, comparing RDF Schema constructs of the time
with similar mechanisms from UML. One thing not immediately apparent
from Walter's note is that RDF Schema has been significantly slimmed
down since then: many of the constraint forms he discussed are not
provided by the RDFS core.

See the older RDFS spec at http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-rdf-schema-19980409/
to see what we removed. Basically it was:

	3.2.1 Necessary and may occur only once : RDFS:ExactlyOne
	3.2.2 Necessary and may occur any number of times : RDFS:OneOrMore
	3.2.3 Optional and may occur at most once : RDFS:ZeroOrOne
	3.2.4 Optional and may occur any number of times : RDFS:ZeroOrMore

In the working group's judgement, these could be added in later using
the extensibility mechanism. I'm now wondering whether a UML-over-RDF
document might in fact be a mechanism for providing a constraint
utilities vocabulary...

Dan