namespaces, RDF attributes and SiRPAC

From: McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:14:15 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
I've been trying to serialize the models from my database and found
something  I don't understand in the M&S spec.

M&S spec, section 2.2.1, serialization syntax, production [9] reads:

	resourceAttr ::= 'resource="' URI-reference '"'

Does the resource attribute need to be qualified as being in the RDF
namespace? i.e. should it read:

	resourceAttr ::= 'rdf:resource="' URI-reference '"'

For the purposes of this question, lets assume that rdf is not the default
namespace.

The web RDF tester gives 3 isolated graphs when I feed it the rdf below.
If 'resource' on the 3rd last line is replaced by 'rdf:resource' it produces
a single graph - I think the correct output.

The web tester seems to be taking the default namespace within a tag to be
the namespace of the entity name of the tag.

Brian McBride
HPLabs

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
  xmlns:RDFNsId0='dublin_core' >
  <rdf:Description about='http://aldabaran.hpl.hp.com/bwm/index.htm'>
    <RDFNsId0:creation_date>1st April 2000</RDFNsId0:creation_date>
  </rdf:Description>
  <rdf:Description about='http://Brian'>
    <name>Brian McBride</name>
    <email>bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com</email>