Re: The semantic web

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:08:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <pachampi@caramail.com>
cc: Tom Van Eetvelde <tom.van_eetvelde@alcatel.be>, "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, Pierre Maraninchi <penguino@caramail.com>, frankh@cs.vu.nl, Pierre Maraninchi <penguino@caramail.com>, dieter.fensel@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
As I understood it, RDF was meant to be read by machines, rather than by
people. What the syntax looks like is almost irrelevant in the contet of a
user interface that people are expected to use anyway.

Charles McCN

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:

  thanks for the link; very interesting article

  > Does anyone have comments on this article?

  I do :)

  - about nesting (3.3)
  I think the author are quite unfair : RDF CAN do nesting.
  Sure it is more verbose than plain XML,  and hence less
  readable - is this what they mean when they write that
  nesting is not expressible "in a natural way" ?
  Furthermore, this is a syntactical issue, and I think the
  whole RDF community agrees on the necessity of a simplified
  syntax. (Personnaly, I'm even much confident in an
  attribute-based syntax - in the XLink fashion - allowing to
  interpret any XML tags as RDF).