RE: RDF Queries?

From: <franklin.reynolds@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:48:12 +0300
To: DLipkin@Saba.com, franklin.reynolds@nokia.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Thanks for the pointer to the W3C Query workshop.
I have a copy of the proceedings and checked out
most of the work that seemed relavant before
I began.

I also checked out a couple of schema based query languages
such as OQL. These did quite suit my needs.

I ended up doing something tuned to matching patterns
in a labeled, directed graph (RDF's fundamental data
model). Any pointers to graph based query languages
would be especially appreactiated.

The W3C has just announced the formation of an XML Query Working Group
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity.html#role), but I suspect this group will
initially be focused on a general XML query language.

Daniel Lipkin
Senior Architect