RE: RDF Queries?

From: <franklin.reynolds@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:56:47 +0300
To: adv@langdale.com.au, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Cc: franklin.reynolds@nokia.com
I am not familiar with CORBA or OMG so if you don't mind, I have
a couple of simple questions:

	Is the query service intended to be similar to SQL?

	Are the functions get_child_values() and get_descendent_values()
	the primary methods for traversing a graph?

Franklin Reynolds

The main elements of this are:

- CORBA interface for queries against RDF-model oriented data
- CORBA encoding for resource descriptions (query results)
- use of RDF-schema for the meta-data

Admitedly, only the latter feature involves XML and RDF-syntax, so this is
probably not exactly what you had in mind.  But the rest is all RDF-model
based and so you may be interested in the choices we made in the query

Arnold deVos
Langdale Consultants

(If you have any trouble accessing the above resource, let me know.)