RE: RDF API

From: Ron Daniel <RDaniel@DATAFUSION.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:41:16 -0800
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@DB.Stanford.EDU>
Cc: RDF Interest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Sergey asks:

> BTW: what's the deal with XML embedded in RDF anyway? Does anyone on
> earth uses/needs this feature? I tried a Gedankenexperiment where I
> imagined an RDF description containing XML literals with, say,
> presentation markup in them, but I could not arrive at anything useful
> having this combination.

[Ron Daniel]  Here's one example to consider - a glossary.
Each 'term' is a resource. It has a couple of properties - label
and definition. Many definitions will have multiple paragraphs,
so they need embedded <p> elements. Some labels (and definitions)
may use specialized terminology and therefore need markup such
as subscripts and superscripts.

Regards,
Ron