Re: Summary: RFC

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@DB.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:08:26 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Entity-relationship modelling is capturing the relations between
generic objects (classes).
RDF however, unifies the instance and the class level.

So i don't directly see, how ER-modelling is applicable with RDF.
And i don't see that it is conceptually simpler than RDF.
Integrating it with the concepts of links and sources is as difficult as
doing that with the (subject,predicate,object) model
(which is already done! (mostly)).
Please clarify.