Re: RDF manipulation protocol?

From: Perry A. Caro <caro@Adobe.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:30:24 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Will Sargent wrote:
> I've been working on integrating bookmarks in Mozilla with a remote
> database, so that users can have collaborative bookmarking.
>I've gone with the second approach for now, but it strikes
> me that the last thing the world needs is another hack protocol, and I'd be
> interested in a better solution.

I would suggest using WebDAV (though one might argue that it too is another
hack protocol :-), which provides you with protocol for PUT, GET, DELETE,
etc. of URLs, with locking.  You'll have to figure out how to map your
bookmark datastructure into some hybrid of a URL tree and RDF data in WebDAV
properties, but it seems feasible, and since the code is free and does 80%
of what you want, its worth considering.

Perry