Re: silri and metalog

From: Janne Saarela <js@pro-solutions.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:39:19 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> could someone try to point out the differences between silri and metalog ?

I may have a few words to say here as I've worked with Stefan Decker who
was one of the developers of SiLRI and I was the other developer of

SiLRI [1] is an evaluation environment for rules that are based on
Metalog [2],[3] is a query language that has representations both in
syntax and RDF. Metalog is mappable to and from logic programs. I am not
going to state how expressive logic programs can be mapped to and from
Metalog -
the first sketch we made with Massimo Marchiori/W3C only supported
logic programs i.e. horn clauses.

[1] http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sde/rdf/
[2] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Metalog/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/metalog.html
Janne Saarela <js@pro-solutions.com>         Pro Solutions Ltd.
Phone/Finland: +358 (0)40 508 4767                   P.O.Box 34
Phone/France :  +33 (0)         FIN-00131 Helsinki
Fax          : +358 (0)42 508 4767                      Finland