Re: Followup 2: The Heart of RDF Darkness

Eric Hellman wrote:

> Another way to look at this is to asK if you have
> >   <playsFor rdf:ID="44" rdf:resource="Pirates"/>
> then what does the ID identify? the statement, or the resource? I
> agree it would be convenient to have a separate ID for the
> reification, but perhaps that's nasty.

My understanding of the spec is that the ID is for the
reification.

> Presented with a similar problem to Jeff Sussna's, we explicitly made
> an intermediate object.

This seems to be a recurring ER modeling issue. When do
you make a relationship into an entity as opposed to
adding attributes to the relationship.

Cordially from Corvallis,

Gabe Beged-Dov
http://www.jfinity.com/gabe