spec clarification/errata

From: Gabe Beged-Dov <begeddov@jfinity.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:36:41 -0800
To: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
I can't find the errata page (the one referenced from
the spec is empty) so I don't know if this is a known
issue.

Jeff Sussna noted that my example for a property with a
reification ID wasn't compliant with the formal
grammar. Here's 6.12:

[6.12] propertyElt ::=
     '<' propName idAttr? '>' value '</' propName '>'
   | '<' propName idAttr? parseLiteral '>' literal '</'
propName '>'
   | '<' propName idAttr? parseResource '>'
propertyElt*
     '</' propName '>'
   | '<' propName idRefAttr? bagIdAttr? propAttr* '/>'

I had:

<rdf:Description about="Jimmy">
  <playsFor rdf:ID="44" rdf:resource="Pirates"/>
</rdf:Description>

The grammar doesn't allow an idAttr and a resourceAttr
on the same property. The idAttr is shown explicitly on
the first three productions but is made into a
disjunction on the last one with resourceAttr via the
use of idRefAttr. This doesn't seem right. Its not a
big deal since most people don't use reification let
alone the idAttr on properties. Still...

Cordially from Corvallis,

Gabe Beged-Dov

--
http://www.jfinity.com/gabe