Followup: The Heart of RDF Darkness

From: Jeff Sussna <jeff.sussna@quokka.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:28:32 -0800
To: "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
What problem led me to my conclusion, and why in particular do I care about
properties as first-class objects? I need to make statements about sports,
things like "Mick Doohan rides for Honda", "Mick is sponsored by Repsol",
and so forth. Every single one of these statements needs to be bounded in
time (Mick switched sponsors from Rothmans to Repsol in 1994, for example).
Therefore I need to apply start and end time properties to properties
themselves. Again, it is possible to do, but not in a natural, transparent
way.

Jeff

Jeffrey E. Sussna
Chief Architect