Re: A weird question?

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:29:09 +0000 (GMT)
To: Jeff Sussna <jeff.sussna@quokka.com>
cc: "'xml-dev'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Jeff Sussna wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure myself this makes sense, but I think it does. Has
> anyone thought about an RDF vocabulary for describing XML Schema documents?

This is pretty much what the DCD proposal (proof of concept?)
from IBM/Microsoft shows -- http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-dcd
Or rather, it makes explicit some of the assertions about
elements/attributes etc that XML Schema documents make. Or do you mean
the use of RDF to describe administrative and resource-discovery
metadata about the schemas? (eg. title/description/subject/creator etc?)

There are also quite a few people are interested in reflecting the
dataypes component of XML Schema into the RDF data model; I think that should be
a reasonably straightforward task. That too would in a sense be
'using RDF for describing XML Schemas', ie. given some XML Schema
datatype descriptions, re-describe that info as a set of RDF statements.

Dan