Re: XLink and XML Base W3C working drafts (fwd)

From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:51:56 -0500
To: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 11:48:49AM +0000, Dan Brickley wrote:

> See appendix for a first take at RDF/XLink mapping...

  I drafted it with some help from Ralph Swick but it's definitely
not a good mapping, I would be very grateful if people from the
RDF Interest list could suggest a better one. Ora Lassila suggested
using some reification around the main Source -> Target relations
to add all the links related metadata. That seems a good starting
point toward a nice mapping. It would be good if the result would not
seem awkward as a base to express RDFs constructs in terms of XLinks.
  I have the sense (and it seems I'm not the only one :-) that a
bidirectionnal mapping is possible, I would definitely feel better if
this turned out to be true !

    any taker ?

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW