Re: Generic Properties and Specific Classes

Hi,

Normally you define the assignment of properties to classes where the properties
are defined, e.g.:

    <rdf:Property  id ="name">
        <rdfs:comment>This is a very general property</rdfs:comment>
        <rdfs:domain resource = "reference to class to which the property
applies" />
    </rdf:Property>

What I don't understand is how, for generiic properties, which apply to
thousands of classes one can make such assignments ?

Now I could do something like:

   <rdf:Property  id ="name">
        <rdfs:comment>This is a very general property</rdfs:comment>
        <rdfs:domain resource = "#General class" />
    </rdf:Property>

and then as you suggest:

    <rdfs:Class id = "MySpecificClass">
        <rdfs:subClassOf  resource = "General class" />
    </rdfs>

That way, assuming properties are inherited I can use the property 'name' (note
I have left out the long parts of the URI's in these examples).

Ron