Re: URIs vs URLs?

Daniel LaLiberte wrote:

> Jonas Liljegren writes:
>  > Now, assuming MD5 model URIs, we would like to differ between:
>  >
>  >  1. The URI of the service
>  >  2. The URL of the service
>  >  3. The URI for the physical person
>  >  4. The URI of the model describing the person
>  >  5. The URL of the model describing the person
>  >  6. The URI of the model describing the service
>  >  7. The URL of the model describing the service
>
> I'm curious what you are thinking of as the difference between URIs and
> URLs.

With the suggested RDF API, the model URI would be a MD5 digest, but the
model URL would be the place there you can get it.

To minimize confusion about what the URI denotes, the person URI should
not be a URL leading to a document. All URIs leading to a document would
be seen as the URI of that document, rather than the URI for something
in "the real world".

See the previous discussion on this:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/1999Dec/0055.html

--