Re: vcr and television (was RE: WordNet in RDF/XML: 50,000+ RDF class vocabulary...)

Yes. The nice thing is that we can use systems such as WordNet (there are
others) in RDF to provide some base functionality, and then sub-class for
added specificity. Or, to create vocabularies independently of WordNet and
similar systems but to use them after the fact by writing the RDF that
maps bits of WordNet etc into our own type hierarchies.  So we get the
'partial understanding' thing whereby a processor familar with
'WordNet:BitMap' but not with 'IMAGE:BitMap' can at least have a rough
idea of the kind of object an 'IMAGE:BitMap' must be.

Dan