Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:06:08 -0800
From: Bob Truel <truel@netscape.com>
To: odp-rdf-announce@eGroups.com
Subject: [odp-rdf-announce] Open Directory RDF to go UTF-8

The lack of a proper character set in the ODP RDF has been a real
problem for many people.  In an effort to improve the data we
distribute, I have modified the RDF generation tool to produce files in
the UTF-8 encoding of Unicode.

There is a sample file at http://dmoz.org/rdf/World.rdf.u8.gz

Everyone should download this file and start to modify their processes
to accept the UTF-8 format.  Also check http://dmoz.org/rdf/Changes.htm
l for more information.

In the near future, I will be releasing the full complement of RDF
files in the UTF-8 format.  The files will be provided in the existing
encoding for one month.

Any problems may be mailed to truel@netscape.com

Get 75% Off Our Best Selling Health and Wellness Books!
SelfCare.com has everything you need to take care of you and your family,
plus spend $40 or more and your shipping is free!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1824

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/odp-rdf-announce/