Re: Resources and URIs

From: <JOS.DEROO.JD@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:50:28 +0100
To: " - *www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

This was between Sergey an Dan

>> By restricting the context say to the origin and content of the RDF
>> description the problem can be solved relatively easily.

> I'm still not convinced. Are you claiming that anonymity is a property
> intrinsic to a resource rather than it's mention in some context?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but resources are given a URI by something (man or
machine)
that discovered them (first). So anonymity is impossible (if you are on the
web). Resource _mention_
should be no problem. Resource _access_ is a different thing!

Jos De Roo

PS
1. Sorry for the late reply, but our reply button is sending to
www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
2. The URI for PaperTrail should have been
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/PaperTrail.html