A simple question on RDF Querying ...

From: Greg Karvounarakis <gregkar@csi.forth.gr>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:02:29 +0200 (EET)
To: RDF Interest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hello everybody.
I would like to have your opinion/comments on the following question:

Suppose that I have an RDF schema like:

                [C1] ------p1------> [C2]
                 /\        /\         /\
                 ||        ||         ||
                 ||        ||         ||
                 ||        ||         ||
                [C3] ------p2------> [C4]

p2: subPropertyOf p1
C3, C4: subClassOf C1,C2 respectively.

If a query requests the from and to values of the property p1
(metadata instances), do you believe that the from and to values
of its subProperty (p2) should also be returned?
I would also appreciate any examples where the one case is
preferrable over the other (based on possible applications that
you may have in mind).

Thanx in advance
Greg