Re: Thought about search interface discussion - feedback from TASI

Talked to TASI people. They don't know of anyone who has done stuff on
comparisons of interfaces/interface usability - they too would be
interested if we find any and would be pleased to pass on a request to
e-mail lists they are members...

They did have a review of image search engines from Feb this year
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/resources/searchengines.html which gives comparison
of major image search engines.

And they pointed me to two innovative examples of image search engines that
represent relationships between terms and provide access to images at the
Smithsonian http://historywired.si.edu/index.html and
http://www.si.edu/revealingthings/ - both very interesting.

Paul

--On 08 September 2003 11:12 +0100 Paul Shabajee