Re: SIMILE position papers, deadline 13th of November

Along these lines...

One of the most successful ways I've seen re multi-site,
multi-organization team collaboration is the following.

IRC [1] (plus 'chump' robot [2]) - example of this combination [3]
provides a very useful, light-weight collaborative environment

[1] RDF Interest Group IRC channel
   - irc://freenode.net/#rdfig

[2] Chump-bot
   - http://usefulinc.com/chump/

[3] RDFIG IRC + ChumpBot = RDFIG scrath-pad
   - http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/

The use of wiki's [4] is also quite useful (for example SWAD-E has been
using these on a fairly regular basis), but I haven't had the
band-width to start using these effectively.

[4] SWAD-E
   - http://esw.w3.org/topic/Frontpage

I expect to write some down for including in this paper.

One thing that I'd suggest however to start *now* is for team mates to
'hang out' in a common IRC channel. And while this doesn't mean we're
always be accessible, its a additional means that i've found useful for
supporting collaboration.

I find myself hanging out in the #simile irc channel occasionally and
encourage others to do so as well.

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/