Joseki

-------- Original Message --------
> From: Kevin Smathers <mailto:kevin.smathers@hp.com>
> Date: 18 November 2003 18:53

. . .

> I think this conversation is getting too interesting to keep to
> ourselves, so I've CC'd the main list, which hopefully be any cause for
> upset.  I'd especially like other people to be able to give their
> opinions on the interaction of multiple clients through a Joseki store.
>
> Cheers,
> -kls

This is the end of a long thread so I'll start with some context and try to
explain what Joseki is as I expect most people don't know.

The "Joseki problems" Kevin refers to in the original subject line were bugs
and documentation errors that are now fixed (in CVS).

I have written (and split out into a separate email) a description of Joseki
as it is today - an RDF publishing server.

** Futures

Kevin and I got into discussing the update of RDF KBs.  Joseki has a few
primitive operations (add graph, remove graph) and in the past I have
discussed what primitives might be needed such as region locking.  With
update, the design space changes to be one for distributed, collaborating
applications with issues of consistent views across operations and other
concurrency problems.

This is outside the SIMILE space.  I would be interested in any use cases
and other thoughts and comments people have about distributed update to RDF
repositories.

	Andy