Re: Faceted search tools

My work focuses on supporting directed and undirected browsing in
semistructured environments (and therefore RDF). We therefore have built
a system that can simply be said to investigae what happens when the
class of faceted metadata navigation projects (as from Flameno,
Siderean, Endeca, etc) when the meet RDF, i.e. some of the capabilites
we also look at include:

o exploring browsed contents schema dynamically
o text embedded in literals in RDF
o framework for supporting types
o supporting composition of RDF Predicates (multiple properties on an
object), as wells as supporting custom predicate to alias other
predicates thereby allowing supporting multiple ontologies cleanly in a
single view
o support for more complex interactions including AND's, OR's and NOT's

A draft paper of my work can be found at:
http://www.ai.mit.edu/~vineet/IUI-Nav-Latest.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions. I will appreciate any comments on
the system.

Vineet